About the Competition
With the vision to create a platform for emerging career artists, Easel Stories is opening its platform to receive paintings in any medium from across the country. The selected artists will get the opportunity to showcase their works as a part of a virtual exhibition for a duration of 15 days. Additionally, the top three artists will showcase alongside senior career artists at the India Art Festival at New Delhi. The participating artists will be given an opportunity to showcase their works to a global audience.
|Participation Fee||One Artwork: INR 1500|
|Open Call||10th Feb 2022|
|Last Date of Submission||20th March 2022|
|Winner Selection||25th March 2022|
|Virtual Exhibition of best 15 works||15th April 2022|
Best 15 works will be showcased as a part of a global virtual exhibition for 15 days.
3 artists will be selected to be showcased alongside mid-career and senior artists at the India Art festival in New Delhi.
Overview of past 3 seasons
Terms and Conditions:
- The artist must be based in India
- The artist must be over 18 years of age
- The artwork submitted for review/selection must be available for sale
- The artwork must be one of a kind and not a replica of an existing work
- Every selected work must be accompanied by an authenticity certificate
- The artist and gallery will unanimously agree on the sale price of every selected artwork
- The gallery will charge a commission of 33% in case of a sale of the selected artwork
- Easel Stories will have the right to use images of the artwork to promote the exhibition across digital and print media
- An artist can only submit upto three works for review
Artist Qualification for Application
- A digital artist/student by profession with a minimum of one year of practice.
- The artist must be based in India.
- Platform open to all paintings in any medium.
- Independent artists are welcome to submit their work.
- No prior exhibition experience is required to participate.
- Self-taught artists are encouraged to submit their works.
- The artist must create original works.
For three winners who will showcase at India Art Festival:
Artwork Delivery Venue:
D-114, Block D, Sector 47, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201301
Finalist and Winner artworks to be delivered to Easel Stories by 30th March 2022
These are a few Detailed terms and conditions:
- The within terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) relate to an art competition entitled the “Painters Art Competition” (the “Competition”) which the Easel Stories Art gallery, its respective licensees, assigns, parents, affiliates and/or subsidiary companies (the “Company”) intends to run during 2021/2022 and from which the Company shall select an unspecified number of works to be exhibited at locations and times to be confirmed by the Company (the “Exhibition”).
- By entering this competition, the entrant (the “Artist”) accepts these terms and conditions as set out hereinafter and the entrant further accepts that the terms and conditions of this competition may be altered, amended, varied or otherwise modified by the company at any time up to and including the final determination of the competition and that such alteration, amendment or variation may be made orally or in writing and at all times the terms and conditions are at the sole discretion of the company.
- Entries received after the date mentioned above and time shall not be considered for entry under any circumstances. The Company reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to extend the Closing date of the competition for a reasonable period of time and where so extended the date upon which the Company decides to be the subsequent closing date shall be the closing date for the purposes of these terms and conditions.
- In order to enter the competition, all entrants shall complete an online application form at https://www.easelstories.com (the “Entry Form”) and follow all directions therein. All images uploaded for the purposes of completing the entry process shall not be manipulated or otherwise artificially or digitally enhanced by the Artist.
- A third party (e.g. gallery, agent or other representative) may submit work on behalf of the artist, but the third party must confirm: a. receipt of the artist’s permission, and provide evidence of full authority and legal right, to submit the work, and; b. that in order to provide the information regarding the artist or the artist’s work, they have first consulted with the artist and made all appropriate enquiries for the purpose of providing that information and taken the necessary steps to ensure accuracy of all such information provided, and; c. agree to be bound by these Conditions of Entry as the artist would be had they entered; d. do hereby indemnify the Company against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal costs (calculated on a full indemnity basis) and all other reasonable professional costs and expenses suffered or incurred by the Company arising out of or in connection with any claim made against the Company for actual or alleged infringement of a third party’s intellectual property rights arising from the submitted work.
- In addition, the Company reserves the right to disqualify a work, where in the reasonable view of the Company: a. The work does not meet any of the entry criteria; b. The Artist cannot be contacted; c. The Artist does not respond within 48 hours of being contacted by the Company.
- The judges shall be appointed by the Company in such number and of such qualification as it sees fit at its sole discretion. The Judges’ decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into. All works will be judged anonymously and there will be no segregation by country, genre or style etc.
- The return of work after the exhibition is also the responsibility of the artists. The Company reserves the right to dispose of any works after the exhibition that have (i) not been collected by the artists or (ii) where the artists have made no attempt to collect their work within 3 months of the collection date.
- The artist shall be responsible for all costs associated with creating the work.
- Artists are responsible for paying all travel costs and expenses incurred if they wish to attend the Exhibition or Private View or any element thereof.
- Works selected for exhibition may be offered for sale. The Company will levy 33% plus GST commission on all works sold during the exhibitions or afterwards directly as a result of the Competition both at the exhibitions and on the website. Artists must make sure that their sale price includes the commission and, if applicable, GST. Artists who are registered for GST must ensure that they include their GST number on the Entry Form.
- Artists will allow the work to be photographed and reproduced by Easel Stories for the purposes of promoting the exhibition including; catalogue, press and publicity and websites in all territories. Copyright of all works remains the property of the artist. Any enquiries for copyright will be referred to the artist.
- The Company’s decision on all matters pertaining to the above is final. The Company reserves the right, at any time, and from time to time to amend, modify, vary, or discontinue the terms of this competition.
Shraddha+91 97690 77631
This is the contact number for the competition if anyone wants to call and ask any questions